Printing with USB
When it is not possible to print via a network, 3D print files can still be transferred to your Ultimaker 3 with a USB stick.
- Place the USB stick in your computer.
- Slice your 3D model in Cura. Ensure that the print core and material configuration in Cura match the configuration on your Ultimaker 3 or change the configuration on your printer to match the settings in Cura.
- Save the print file (.gcode) via the “Save to removable drive” button to the USB stick.
- Eject the USB stick in Cura and remove it from your computer.
- Place the USB stick in the Ultimaker 3 (front side, next to the display).
- Go to Print and select the file you want to print.
Ultimaker 3 App
Besides using Cura or the USB stick, the Ultimaker 3 allows you to print directly from your phone or tablet using the Ultimaker 3 App. The Ultimaker 3 App is available can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. More information can be found here.
To print a model through the Ultimaker 3 App, follow these steps:
- Connect to your Ultimaker 3 by selecting the model from the list of discovered printers, or manually add a printer with the IP address.
Note: If you connect to a printer for the first time you need to authorize the connection on the printer.
- Select ‘Start a new print’.
- Load a 3D model from your device or YouMagine, or print the Ultimaker Robot.
- Use the 3D preview function to check the model on the build plate and select ‘Print’.
- Check the materials configuration and select ‘Next’.
- Select a print quality profile, choose your support material and toggle your option for the brim function.
- Slice the model by selecting the ‘Slice’ button.
- Start the print by selecting ‘Start print’.