For the Ultimaker 3, we recommend our free Cura software to prepare your 3D print files. Cura quickly and accurately converts 3D models into 3D print files within seconds, showing you a preview of the print so you can be sure everything is as you would like it to be.
For the Ultimaker 3 you must use Cura 2.3 or higher.
- Windows Vista or newer
- Mac OSX 10.7 or newer
- Linux Ubuntu 15.04, Fedora 23, OpenSuse 13.2, ArchLinux or newer
- OpenGL 2 compatible graphics chip
- Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 or newer
- At least 4Gb of RAM (8Gb or more is recommended)
Compatible file types
- STL (most common file format for 3D printing)
The Cura software can be found at www.ultimaker.com/software. After downloading, open the installer and run the installation wizard to complete the installation. When opening Cura for the first time, you will be asked to select your 3D printer, the Ultimaker 3. No other configuration is required and you can directly start using Cura.