Ultimaker 3 3D Printer
Professional 3D printing made accessible
The Ultimaker 3 is the most reliable dual extrusion 3D printer available. Achieve complex designs and improved 3D print performance, thanks to its unique auto-nozzle lifting system, professional build and support material combinations, and swappable print cores.
Ecosystem description: Featuring seamless hardware, software and material integration, the Ultimaker 3 and Ultimaker 3 Extended enable designers, engineers and manufacturers approach the innovation process in a completely new way. Create complex geometries and achieve remarkable design intricacy with the most reliable dual extrusion on the market.
Main featured specifications
- Build volume of 215 x 215 x 200 mm
- Layer resolution up to 20 micron for 0.4 mm nozzle
- Print temperature up to 280 ˚C
- Dual extrusion with a soluble support material
- Swappable print cores
- Heated build plate with active leveling
Combine build and water-soluble support materials to create complex mechanical parts and intricate surfaces or choose to print with two colors. Ultimaker 3’s unique auto nozzle-lifting system ensures a smooth, professional finish with every print.
Swappable print cores
Faster print core changes mean higher uptime and easier maintenance. Your Ultimaker 3 comes with print cores for build (AA) and support (BB) materials. There’s a customized nozzle geometry per material – ensuring lower clogging risks and a more reliable 3D printing experience.
New optimized cooling
Ultimaker 3 has a powerful, low-noise fan system. Featuring two new radial fans and fan shrouds, it creates greater pressure build-up for an improved airflow. This ensures better cooling, high quality bridging, faster print runs and smooth print surfaces.
Superior 3D printing experience
- Optimized Cura material profiles. Extensively tested preconfigured Cura profiles make for a smoother, more seamless 3D printing experience by automatically adjusting the necessary settings for each material and print core. Produce consistent, quality results with every print.
- Material recognition with NFC scanner. Built-in material recognition system ensures your 3D printer is primed and ready for the task. Ultimaker 3 detects and identifies the material on the reel holder and checks the correspondence of a filament and print core type being used.
- EEPROM print core chip. The EEPROM chip in the print core memorizes the size and type of your nozzle, notifies you in case of misuse and, as a result, helps achieve higher print success rates.
Simple controls and connectivity
- USB port. Enjoy standalone printing using a USB stick (16GB included).
- Wi-Fi / LAN. Send your print project quickly and easily to your Ultimaker 3 via Cura.
- Live camera. Monitor every stage of your 3D printing project remotely by simply connecting to your Ultimaker 3’s Wi-Fi network. The result? Optimized workflow and exceptional control.
The heated build plate
- Active leveling. The capacitive sensor in the print head measures distances between the print bed and the nozzle, and the tilt angle is compensated by adjusting the z height in the first layers. The result? More accurate leveling and improved build plate adhesion.
- New refined design. The Ultimaker 3 features a build plate that’s lighter and stiffer, which reduces vibrations and helps produce an unrivalled print quality. The removable glass plate makes it easy to access your prints.
- Heated build plate. Thanks to the heated glass build plate, you can print using many different materials and with improved build plate adhesion.
Dual geared feeders
Geared feeders exert more force on the filament, and also eliminate heat exposure from the motor. Change your 3D printing materials with ease, select the correct pressure with a push on a button, and use the lever function to manually insert or remove a filament. More control means more successful, reliable and durable 3D print results, without compromise.
- Ultimaker materials. Print with a wide range of materials, including Nylon, PLA, ABS, CPE and PVA – with material portfolio due to be expanded with CPE+, PC and TPU 95A in the future. Combine two build materials for dual-color 3D prints or achieve state-of-the-art complexity with build and water-soluble support material combinations (Nylon/PVA and PLA/PVA).
- NFC material scanner. Your Ultimaker 3 identifies the material that is being loaded and checks the correspondence of the filament and print core type you are using. Coupled with our extensively tested preconfigured material profiles in Cura, the Ultimaker 3’s material recognition system ensures your 3D printer is set for the highest-quality results.
- Open filament system. With our integrated ecosystem of reliable hardware, extensively tested materials and cutting-edge software, you are guaranteed the highest level results and optimized 3D printing experience. Yet, thanks to the Ultimaker open filament system, you have the freedom to try and test other types of existing filaments or manufacture your custom solution that would match your specific requirements.
Ultimaker Awards Timelines
Ultimaker 2 “Best Consumer Product 2014”
Awarded at 3D Printshow London
Ultimaker 2 “Best Consumer Software 2014”
Awarded for its ease in use and its printing reliability at 3D Printshow London
Ultimaker 2 “Best Consumer Product at the 3D Printshow Global Awards 2014”
Awarded at 3D Printshow LAS VEGAS, NV
Ultimaker 2 “Best in Shootout 2015” by Make Magazine2015
Ultimaker 2 Extended “Best Large Format 3D Printer 2016” by Make Magazine latest ‘Ultimate Guide to Desktop Fabrication’2016
Ultimaker 2 Go “Category Winner Shootout 2016” by Make Magazine “Ultimate Guide To Desktop Fabrication2016
Ultimaker Original+ “Best of KIT / DIY 2016” by 3D Hubs
Ultimaker 2+ “Best of Prosumer 2017” by 3D Hubs
Ultimaker 2+ was rated number 1 out of a total 513 printers.
Scoring of 9.1 out of 10
Ultimaker 3 “Best 3D Printers of 2017 & 3D Printer Reviews”
Ultimaker 3 was praised as “Revolutionary Dual Extrusion 3D Printer” and was ranked number 1 for the Best Prosumer Category
Ultimaker 2+ “Best 3D Printers of 2017 & 3D Printer Reviews”
Ultimaker was praised as “The Best Ultimaker So Far” and was ranked number 4 for the Best Prosumer Category
Ultimaker – Winner of OEM of the year 2017 in Birmingham, England2017