The Most Powerful Data and Build Preparation Software
Materialise Magics is a versatile, industry-leading data preparation and STL editor software for Additive Manufacturing that allows you to convert files to STL, repair errors, edit your design and prepare your build platform. Ready to prepare your model for 3D Printing?
Why Choose Materialise Magics
Features of Materialise Magics
Import nearly all file formats, retain native color information, and stay in control of your original data.
Materialise Magics bridges the gap between CAD files and 3D printers by importing nearly all standard CAD formats, and packages such as SketchUp, SolidWorks or Rhino as well as traditional ones. With the Magics Base License, you can import more than 15 CAD file formats. If you want to convert an even wider range of file formats to STL, the Materialise Magics Import Module is what you need.
|Import||Texture Support||Color Support||Export|
|NX (UNIGRAPHICS)||<span “>◆||◆|
Repair the most challenging errors and create watertight data. STL repair includes wall thickness analysis and fixing flipped triangles, bad edges, holes and other errors.
Repair challenging errors
For a good print, you need high-quality 3D designs. To achieve this, Magics includes the best repair tools:
- Solve the most common problems in one click with Autofix
- Let the Fix Wizard guide you through the fixing process step-by-step when facing complex errors
- Maintain full control with manual tools
- Repair models and add thickness with ShrinkWrap (i.e. a thin layer is wrapped around the original model and shrinks afterwards, repairing all errors)
To create a watertight mesh (i.e. a network of triangles representing your model) that is easy to edit, you can rely on mesh enhancement tools:
- Remove unnecessary triangles with Triangle Reduction
- Smooth your mesh without losing details you want to preserve
Materialise Magics has the tools you need to duplicate parts, orient them in an ideal way, generate support for metal and Stereolithography parts, efficiently 3D nest your laser sintering parts and create no-build zones.
Materialise Magics ensures you print only the best parts. It allows you to measure parts, view slices, detect collisions, save platforms and generate useful reports. This helps you to deliver parts within your quality standards and tolerances.
Analyze and Report
Magics contains measurement and analysis tools to ensure the quality of your printed parts. Reports and 3D PDFs are also among the possibilities.
- Make sure all features of the part are thick enough to print
- Check for colliding parts or parts outside the printer’s platform
- Ensure that the deviation between the 3D model and printed part stays within your predefined tolerances
- Measure any feature of your part
- Generate 3D PDFs and reports to efficiently communicate with your clients. Easily embed parameters of parts in your reports by linking it to your Word or Excel files
With Materialise Magics you can add logos, serial numbers and hollow parts (self-supporting hollows). You can also apply textures, create lattice structures and perform Boolean operations and advanced cuts.
Edit and enhance your files
Magics offers a wide range of easy-to-use editing features, targeted towards 3D Printing. With our toolset you can:
- Hollow and perforate your parts (including self-supporting hollows)
- Cut with advanced cutting lines
- Perform powerful Boolean operations (Unite, Subtract, Intersect)
- Apply text and image labels
- Turn surfaces into printable solids
- Modify the geometry of your parts with the extrude and offset tools
- Mark triangles, surfaces or entire shells rapidly and accurately
Easily apply textures or colors on marked areas, and edit them to suit your needs. Our algorithms are optimized to preserve textures and colors while working with data.
Visualization tools are important for working fluently with any 3D application. Magics has everything you could expect, including:
- Different shading modes (Shade, Triangle, Wireframe, Transparency) which can be applied to parts individually
- Highlighting errors in parts
- The possibility to make advanced sections of your parts
- Slice preview
The Magics user interface is extremely customizable, so you can tweak it exactly to your needs:
- Hide functions and tabs you don’t use
- Make your own ribbons, toolbars and context menus
- Assign shortcuts to your frequently used functions
- Change colors to your preferences
According to your needs, additional modules will help you take your data preparation and printing process to the next level.
To make your sintering process business time-and cost-efficient, we developed the Materialise Magics Sinter Module.
The Magics Sinter Module is equipped with a powerful multi-core nesting algorithm that will automatically nest your parts in no time. With this algorithm, you can save approximately one hour for each build, and thereby reduce your personnel costs by €5,000 (1h/build x 100 builds x €50/h) per year. To protect small and fragile parts, and easily retrieve them after building, you can build a crate around them with the Sinterbox function.
With the Materialise Magics Sinter Module, you can:
- Nest parts quickly and automatically on multiple platforms
- Control the build time, height and density
- Avoid interlocking and colliding parts
- Create protective crates
- Re-nest from an existing configuration
The Materialise Magics Simulation Module, based on Simufact Additive technology, is designed to bring high-end simulation capability to AM production sites. The user-friendly module empowers every metal AM operator to easily assess potential build errors, without the need for specialized simulation expertise.
Since the simulations are seamlessly integrated with Materialise Magics software, you have all the tools at your fingertips to further optimize your virtual build platform. Having both reliable simulations and the ultimate AM data preparation toolbox in one application allows you to print it right the first time, fast and efficiently.
Without simulation software, it can take several expensive test prints to find the right orientation, support design and machine settings for your 3D model. With this software extension, you’ll be able to analyze how the digital imitation of your metal print would behave during production. This is useful for every metal part you produce, and even more so for series production and high-value, customizable components with complex geometries.
With the Simulation Module, you can:
- Predict areas prone to deformation, overheating and residual stresses
- Reduce the risk of build failures and make test prints redundant
- Speed up the search for the best parameter sets to build your parts
- Modification of support and orientation based on simulation results
- Counter-deform your parts to avoid deformations arising from the printing process
The Materialise Magics Structures Module is designed to help you reduce the weight and material usage in your prints. Whether you wish to hollow a part and fill it with a lightweight structure; convert a part to a lattice structure; or create holes to remove excess powder or functional surfaces, the easy-to-use wizard in our Structures Module will guide you through every step of the way.
The module features a structures library and can be used to alter structures to meet a variety of objectives, including saving powder, controlling the temperature, reinforcing your design and much more.
Support Generation Module for Metal (SG+)
In Additive Manufacturing for metal applications, support structures fulfill a larger purpose than just supporting a part during the build process. An optimal support generation for metal also minimizes deformation, prevents build crashes and reduces post-processing work.
The Magics SG+ Module offers you all the tools needed to find the optimal orientation of your part, the right type of support, good anchoring, heat transfer and more. With the guidance of the Magics SG+ Module, printing metal.
With Materialise Magics SG+ Module, you can:
- Conduct heat and avoid deformation
- Optimize part orientation
- Recuperate powder
- Reduce build failures with build validation tools
Support Generation (SG) Module
More than 25 years ago, Materialise started with just one Stereolithography machine. And from the very beginning, it was clear that intelligent software was needed that could deal with issues in the area of support. The Materialise Magics SG module was introduced as a solution, and today offers the most complete support generation toolbox for Stereolithography on the market.
With Materialise Magics SG Module, you can:
- Easily identify critical support areas
- Reduce data preparation time with semi-automatic support generation
- Create and optimize adequate structures for different types of geometry
- Efficiently remove support and limit finishing time
- Save building time and material with non-solid, single-line, optionally perforated supports
- Stay in control of all of your parameters
- Choose from a complete gallery of support structures
Tree Support Module
You want to make sure that your small and delicate 3D-printed items come out just the way you designed. This is where the Materialise Magics Tree Support Module comes in. Not only does tree support hold your object tightly in place during printing, but the trunks and branches also connect to each other, with only minimal contact to your print. This provides easy break-off points and reduces the time needed for post-build processing.
With Materialise Magics Tree Support Module, you can:
- Improve the surface quality of metal prints
- Prevent part deformation with enhanced heat conduction systems
- Save time on finishing
- Use trees to create inlets in your lost-wax mold
Traditional metal investment casting is a long and risky process. Much time is lost during the tooling phase, a wrong assembly of the wax can cause an incorrect coating and the wax may sag during the investment phase. With Tetrashell by SOMOS®, all these risks fade away. Transform a solid CAD design into a robust, hollow STL model for any Stereolithography equipment worldwide.
On the one hand, the software facilitates and shortens the investment casting flow. On the other hand, it offers a cost-efficient and reliable way to produce strong lightweight parts. Tetrashell has a wide field of applications, ranging from aerospace, to electronics and orthopedics.
Why go for Tetrashell by SOMOS®?
- Prevent assembly errors
- Shorten the design evaluation from months to days by eliminating the tooling phase
- No longer invest in casting tools
- Achieve best-in-class quality
- Experience impressive user control
- And more