Ultimaker PVA (polyvinyl alcohol) is a leading water-soluble support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. It offers you freedom and convenience: to design complex model geometries that require supports, which dissolve away in tap water.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker PVA
Ultimaker PVA is at the heart of our market-leading dual extrusion 3D printing experience.
- Reliable adhesion to PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, and Nylon
- Non-toxic formula dissolves in regular tap water which can be disposed of safely
- 100% biodegradable with no hazardous by-products
- Good thermal stability gives better degradation resistance compared to other PVA filaments
Ultimaker PVA has the following properties:
- Melting temperature 163 ºC
- Water-soluble support material
- Dissolves in ordinary tap water
Many applications can benefit from using Ultimaker PVA support material:
- Parts with complex geometries and internal cavities
- Concept models
Ultimaker PVA is officially supported by Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3, and Ultimaker 3 series 3D printers, using a BB print core. It is supported for dual extrusion with:
- Ultimaker PLA
- Ultimaker Tough PLA
- Ultimaker Nylon
- Ultimaker CPE
Examples prints using Ultimaker PVA
Get smoother surface details and complex geometries
Unlike supports printed with build material, PVA 3D printing support structures reduce the chance of scraping and cutting marks on detailed surfaces.
Orient prints for maximum optimization
Preparing a print with PVA gives you the freedom to orient your model in any way possible to customize its strength or aesthetic properties.
Endless possibilities for mechanical parts
Multi-component applications such as ball bearings, ball and socket joints, and caged gear mechanisms can be 3D printed as a complete assembly in a single run.