Ultimaker CPE (co-polyester) material is an ideal choice for 3D printing functional prototypes and mechanical parts. This filament is formulated for chemical resistance, toughness, and reliable dimensional stability.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker CPE
Ultimaker CPE material is developed for a seamless experience with Ultimaker hardware.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- High toughness and dimensional stability
- High impact strength
- A range of colors to choose from, including grayscale for professional-looking models
Below are a few of Ultimaker CPE’s key mechanical properties:
- Good flexural strength (Flexural modulus of 2100 MPa)
- Good tensile strength (Tensile stress at break 38 MPa)
- High impact strength (Izod tested to 95 J/m)
- High hardness (Rockwell 108)
Similar to PET and PETG, Ultimaker CPE is ideal for a range of applications:
- Visual and functional prototyping
- Short-run manufacturing
- Custom components
- Fit testing
Ultimaker CPE material is officially supported by the Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3, Ultimaker 3 series, and Ultimaker 2+ series of 3D printers. It is compatible for dual extrusion with:
- Ultimaker Breakaway
- Ultimaker PVA
Example prints using Ultimaker CPE
Adaptable and versatile
UItimaker CPE material can be used in a range of different situations depending on your performance needs. Print functional prototypes or custom end-use parts.
Reliable, chemical resistant parts
Ultimaker CPE is a great choice for custom mechanical parts that require chemical resistant properties.
Complex geometries are easy
Ultimaker CPE is tough and dimensionally stable, for functional prototypes that require rigorous testing before a production phase.