Ultimaker ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is formulated to minimize warping and ensure consistent interlayer adhesion. ABS material is a great choice for creating functional prototypes and complex end-use parts.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker ABS
We’ve optimized Ultimaker ABS to make it easier to print with than other ABS filaments:
- Good interlayer adhesion, especially when printing with an enclosed front
- Withstands temperatures of up to 85 °C
- Achieve aesthetic detail that rivals injection molded parts
- Dual extrusion with a choice of 10 ABS colors, or with Breakaway support material
Ultimaker ABS material properties include:
- Good flexural strength (70.5 MPa)
- High impact strength (Izod tested to 10.5 kJ/m²)
- High hardness (79 Shore D)
- High melting temperature (from 225 °C)
Ultimaker ABS is a versatile 3D printing material. It can be used for:
- Visual and functional prototyping
- Fit testing
- End-use parts
- Concept models
- Custom components
- Short-run manufacturing
Ultimaker ABS is officially supported by the Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3, Ultimaker 3 series, and Ultimaker 2+ series of 3D printers. It is compatible for dual extrusion with the following materials:
- Ultimaker ABS
- Ultimaker Breakaway
Example prints using Ultimaker ABS
Test your prototypes
ABS provides engineers with a low-cost approach for development cycles, allowing them to quickly design, print, and test prototypes before entering full production.
By 3D printing ABS, you can accurately simulate the form, fit, and function of an end-use part’s performance – giving you confidence in the final design.
Transition from concept design to manufacturing in days, thanks to the ability of ABS filament to create functional and mechanically strong products.